Pathstream | Product | SF or Remote
Pathstream is seeking a versatile Product Manager with experience in enterprise product development, internal tools, data management and integrations to support the next phase of development of our enterprise product. You will help us further develop our learning experience platform, skills infrastructure, and internal tools. This role will play a critical role in ensuring that the technical foundations of our product experience are ready for scale and that our product can continue to be seamlessly used by enterprise customers.
To succeed in this role, you should be a data savvy and strategic thinker able to break down big problems into elegant solutions. You should be ready to partner closely with our engineering team to identify and scope the critical work needed to build a resilient technical foundation. You should be ready to partner with our internal stakeholders to understand operational pain points and ensure they have the tools they need to support our growing user base. You should be prepared to scope reliable integrations to other enterprise products so that data can pass seamlessly between systems. The ideal candidate will thrive in fast-paced environments and have an adaptable and collaborative approach to tackling tough problems with a mission-driven team.
WHAT WE DO
At Pathstream, our mission is to create the most accessible and effective career pathways to the high-priority jobs in this current economy. We accelerate growth for employers by increasing the skills of their most valuable asset, their employees. Additionally, we unlock growth potential for the individual through interactive learning programs that feature hands-on labs and contextualized coursework, preparing them for the roles they'll need to advance without having to leave their employer of choice. Our curriculum is constantly updated as technologies change and the job market evolves.
This role sits on the Product team which is part of our larger Engineering, Product and Design division. You will help us further develop our enterprise product including our learning experience platform, career pathing and skills infrastructure, and internal tools. You will also play a leading role in supporting the integration of data from our platform to other enterprise software and customer products and ensuring integrations meet our customer needs.. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Scope and deliver product features needed by our B2B customers: Understand and proactively respond to the needs of our enterprise customers and their employees. Gather requirements, user test, define functionality, and develop features related to our learning platform, career pathing technology, or other new areas of product development.
- Develop internal tools: You will work with our coaches, instructors, graders, and program delivery specialists to understand their operational workflows and identify ways to make them more scalable.
- Ensure our product is enterprise-grade and interoperable with key external tools: You will serve as our internal expert on enterprise integrations and the broader HR tech ecosystem. You will play a leading role in scoping the integrations needed by our B2B customers. You will understand the requirements of building enterprise-grade software.
Scope and prioritize critical infrastructure and platform work: You will work with our engineers to identify critical system and infrastructure improvements that need to be addressed, scope requirements as needed, and ensure this work is prioritized by the broader company.
- Leverage product analytics to shape the evolution of our strategy: Serve as an internal expert on our product analytics, helping build and monitor dashboards and providing data-driven insights into how our product and business strategy should evolve.
- Build strong relationships: You will need to build strong relationships with our engineering team as well as key stakeholders throughout all divisions of our company to drive the product work forward while ensuring internal team processes and relationships remain strong.
- Experienced Enterprise or Internal Tools Product Manager – You have at least 5 years of experience as a Product Manager, preferably working on an enterprise product or on internal tools. You can cite a clear track record of delivering product functionality that achieved business goals.
Startup Experience – You have at least 2 years of experience working in a startup environment, ideally serving large B2B enterprise customers. You can describe how you’ve maintained a positive and constructive attitude and demonstrated flexibility when navigating changing circumstances. Ideally you have experience with zero to one product development. Data Fluency – You are naturally data-oriented. You are comfortable both building data-driven product features and manipulating and analyzing data to inform business and product decisions. You should have knowledge of data visualization tools like Tableau and Amplitude and be comfortable learning other tools.Excellent Communicator and Relationship Builder– You are a clear and persuasive written and oral communicator who can present ideas to executives, engineers, designers, and other stakeholders and also listen to and effectively synthesize their ideas and input. You are able to build buy-in and support for your projects from company leadership. You can not only identify the stakeholders that must be consulted on your project, but can predict their feedback and make sure you have a plan to address it before reaching out. You are capable of working directly with external customers and their IT teams as needed. (Bonus) Experience with API integration products– Experience scoping integrations tailored to the needs of large-scale enterprises are a plus. Familiarity with Workday or other HCM integrations preferred. (Bonus) Experience working with financial services enterprise customers or products
WHAT WE OFFER
- Transparent and social culture, challenging work, fast learning cycles, practical training, and meaningful feedback
- Strong sense of ownership and strategic work that impacts our product, users, colleagues, business, and world
- Competitive salary commensurate with geographic zone and level of expertise/role level
- Zone 1: starting at $152,000 + equity
- Zone 2: starting at $128,000 + equity
- Zone 3: starting at $122,000 + equity
- Comprehensive benefits package
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage for you and 50% for your partner/spouse and dependents
- Health, commuter, and parking flexible spending accounts
- Employee Assistance Program (mental health, financial health, legal support, and more)
- Free access to wellbeing apps like Ginger and Headspace
- Flexible paid time off and paid holidays
- Generous paid parental leave
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Annual professional development budget
- Company-provided laptop
- Remote-first culture
- Life insurance (100% company paid)
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Our company values diversity and believes diverse teams make innovation possible. We work on complex, difficult problems with no linear or clear solutions. We need a diverse team that can bring different perspectives and approaches, and whose experiences reflect the full set of stakeholders we seek to serve. As such, Pathstream is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified applicants from any race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or other characteristics to apply.
SAN FRANCISCO FAIR CHANCE ORDINANCE
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.