Sr. Engagement Marketing Manager
Senior Engagement Marketing Manager
Pathstream | Marketing | New York, NY (Remote or Hybrid)
This is a full-time exempt position and reports to the Head of Marketing
What we do:
At Pathstream, our mission is to create the most accessible and effective career pathways to the high-priority jobs in this current economy. We accelerate growth for employers by increasing the skills of their most valuable asset, their employees. Additionally, we unlock growth potential for the individual through interactive learning programs that feature hands-on labs and contextualized coursework, preparing them for the roles they'll need to advance without having to leave their employer of choice. Our curriculum is constantly updated as technologies change and the job market evolves.
Pathstream is seeking an experienced engagement and lifecycle marketing manager to drive user activation, onboarding, and engagement initiatives. This role will be equal parts analytical and creative. Your goal will be to provide the right information to the right people at the right time to help new Pathstream users understand, appreciate, and progress through different features and functionality of the platform. Beyond messaging campaigns, you will also work with Pathstream customers (Fortune 1000 companies) to develop internal communications campaigns that motivate employees to engage with Pathstream.
Although this role lives on our marketing team, this is a cross-functional role, working closely with our Customer Success team to understand client context and with our Product team to build new campaigns, run experiments, drive engagement, and provide contextual and timely awareness of new features. You should be as comfortable asking questions, defining user segments, and reviewing product data as you are considering motivations, crafting copy, and building campaigns
You may be the perfect fit if you are mission-driven, curious, a self-starter, a strategic thinker, and have a track record of success in marketing activation and engagement.
What you’ll be doing at Pathstream:
- Work with Pathstream’s corporate clients to design launch and internal marketing campaigns that drive activation, engagement, and long-term employee success.
- Lead development of our marketing campaigns and communications to drive activation and engagement with Pathstream learners - with an initial focus on email marketing and eventually expanding to include push marketing, in-app messaging, and product-led communications.
- Design automated behavioral notifications and drip campaigns to onboard and activate new users and drive awareness of new features and upcoming events within our existing user base.
- Establish a strong understanding of the interests and behavior of Pathstream learners, build user segments, and design marketing strategies based on unique needs and motivations across different customers, product features, and lifecycle stages.
- Contribute to product experiment designs and bring back actionable learnings to inform larger product and marketing initiatives.
- Own mission-critical KPIs and analyze metrics and dashboards to identify messaging and engagement opportunities for lifecycle messaging.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of growth, lifecycle, and/or engagement marketing experience in a fast-growing startup environment.
- Strong track record of growing retention, engagement, and LTV
- Highly analytical with a strong mindset for growth
- You have a strong ability to work independently and as part of a team, demonstrating stellar collaboration skills, adaptability, and a problem-solving mindset.
- You 100% believe in our mission to help frontline employees advance in their careers.
- You are resilient, adaptable, and comfortable creating new resources and processes needed to succeed while adapting to changing market conditions, customer needs, and internal priorities.
- You ideally live within commuting distance from NYC, as this is a hybrid role. However, fully remote candidates will be considered.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Transparent and social culture, challenging work, fast learning cycles, practical training, and meaningful feedback
- Strong sense of ownership and strategic work that impacts our product, users, colleagues, business, and world
- Comprehensive benefits package
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage for you and 50% for your partner/spouse and dependents
- Health, commuter, and parking flexible spending accounts
- Employee Assistance Program (mental health, financial health, legal support, and more)
- Free access to wellbeing apps like Ginger and Headspace
- Flexible paid time off and paid holidays
- Generous paid parental leave
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Annual professional development budget
- Company-provided laptop
- Remote-first culture
- Life insurance (100% company paid)
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Our company values diversity and believes diverse teams make innovation possible. We work on complex, difficult problems with no linear or clear solutions. We need a diverse team that can bring different perspectives and approaches and whose experiences reflect the full set of stakeholders we seek to serve. As such, Pathstream is an equal-opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified applicants from any race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or other characteristics to apply.