Full Stack Software Engineer (Contract)
Full Stack Software Engineer
Pathstream | Engineering | Remote
Pathstream is hiring a Full Stack Software Engineer to build highly scalable solutions that enable positive user experiences and measurable business growth, ensure application performance, and contribute to the development of the Engineering team.
This is a long-term contract, remote position and reports to the Engineering Manager.
WHAT WE DO
At Pathstream, our mission is to create the most accessible and effective career pathways to the jobs in this current economy. Pathstream works with leading technology companies to identify the fastest growth career areas. We then build interactive learning programs that feature hands-on labs and contextualized coursework to prepare them for the real tasks they'll need to do on the job. Our curriculum is constantly updated as technologies change and the job market evolves.
We believe education is the most important thing in the world. Making a life changing career pivot is too important to go through alone. That’s why we’re building the #1 career building experience for working adults, replacing a fragmented and isolated journey into one that’s streamlined, supported, and effective at unlocking human potential.
Progress to date:
- Established partnerships with Salesforce, Facebook, Tableau, and Asana
- Established partnerships with 25+ colleges and universities in 17 states that serve over 1 million students
- Established partnerships with Fortune 500 companies to offer our programs to attract, retain and upskill their teams
- Launched our online learning platform — used by over 2,000 students
- Viewed as a groundbreaking education model, as featured in this TechCrunch article
- Closed $12 million in Series A financing in 2019, as featured in this EdSurge article
- Distinguished as a 2022-2023 Great Place to Work
- 98% of our employees say that Pathstream is a great place to work
We’re a tight-knit, hardworking, mission-driven team of ~60 employees who are eager to scale our solution and transform higher education across the United States. Want to learn more?
- Work across the full stack, building highly scalable solutions that enable positive user experiences and measurable business growth.
- Develop new features and infrastructure in support of rapidly emerging business and B2B product requirements.
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful application design.
- Support end-to-end life cycle for the production of software and applications.
- Work closely with the product management and design team to define feature requirements and deliver the product that materially impacts the business and improves the customer experience.
- Participate in code reviews and pairing sessions to support professional development of the Engineering team.
- 3+ years full stack engineering experience in a Series B or similar high-growth B2B organization.
- Comfortable working in ambiguity and making data-driven decisions to achieve business metrics.
- Highly collaborative and enjoy contributing to the professional development of team members.
- Effective communication skills with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Transparent and social culture, challenging work, fast learning cycles, practical training, and meaningful feedback
- Strong sense of ownership and strategic work that impacts our product, users, colleagues, and business
- Competitive salary:
- Exact salaries for the positions we offer will be determined based on two factors: your level of job-related experience and the geographical tier of the role.
- At Pathstream, we believe in equitable compensation and ensuring that salaries align with industry standards and regional variances. This approach allows us to reward expertise appropriately and accommodate the varying cost of living in different locations.
- Comprehensive benefits package
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage for you and 50% for your partner/spouse and dependents
- Health, commuter, and parking flexible spending accounts
- Employee Assistance Program (mental health, financial health, legal support, and more)
- Free access to wellbeing apps like Ginger and Headspace
- Flexible paid time off and paid holidays
- Generous paid parental leave
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Annual professional development budget
- Company-provided laptop
- Remote-first culture
- Life insurance (100% company paid)
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Our company values diversity and believes diverse teams make innovation possible. We work on complex, difficult problems with no linear or clear solutions. We need a diverse team that can bring different perspectives and approaches, and whose experiences reflect the full set of stakeholders we seek to serve. As such, Pathstream is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified applicants from any race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or other characteristics to apply.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
SAN FRANCISCO FAIR CHANCE ORDINANCE
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.