Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
Noodle is higher education’s leading strategy, services, and technology partner. We develop infrastructure, provide life-changing learning experiences, and grow the awareness of and the enrollment in some of the best academic institutions in the world. Our vision is “to empower universities to change the world.” We achieve this vision by offering our university partners various products and services that help them be more resilient, responsive, efficient, and interconnected.
Online education is no longer a novel or niche idea. It is the fastest-growing segment in higher education, accounting for 20% of all enrollees and 30% of graduate-level certificates and degrees. It’s also getting increasingly competitive, as more and better programs are launched every semester. Universities need to go online quickly, economically, and elegantly, creating programs that students can’t wait to tell their friends about and that their professors want to teach. Noodle unlocks excellence in online education.
Noodle helps universities bring programs online with flexibility, transparency, alignment, efficiency, and joy. That's why more top universities chose us last year than all other online program managers combined.We are a passionate team of technologists, educators, and random experts. We know that online learning has the potential to transform higher education. If you're a fellow traveler, come join us!
Creating an exceptional online learning experience requires expertise in learning design, strong attention to detail, and solid communication skills. As a Learning Designer at Noodle, you will be part of a team that creates online courses and programs combining creative design, educational content and intuitive learning technology, for a sophisticated learner experience. We work with some of the top organizations and Higher Education institutions around the world.
As a Learning Designer at Noodle, you will ensure the execution of the learning design agenda at Noodle by designing online programs and courses and developing course content that meet our high quality standards. You will collaborate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) or Faculty, multimedia designers, copyeditors and project managers to deliver courses on time and on budget.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Excitement and creativity about the potential of online learning.
- Substantial knowledge of adult learning theory, learning science, and principles of effective online pedagogy.
- Eagerness to learn how to use online authoring tools and learning management systems quickly.
- Substantial knowledge of evidence-based instructional strategies that promote student engagement and learning.
- Accountability and a results-driven attitude.
- Professionalism and the ability to work with higher education faculty as peers.
- A can-do attitude ‒ this is a start-up, which means you must be able to embrace uncertainty with poise.
- A customer service-focused mindset.
As a Learning Designer, you will:
- Develop a variety of content types, including notes, PPT slides, synchronous lesson plans, discussion forums, graphics briefs, instructional and contextual copy, Rise storyboards, video storyboards, video scripts, ILOs, and case studies, to Noodle quality standards.
- Effectively leverage a basic suite of authoring tools and plugins, especially Articulate Rise and H5P, to develop high quality courses.
- Develop assessments, including auto-graded quiz questions and feedback, written assignments, and group projects, to Noodle quality standards.
- Collaborate with faculty and LAs to scope a course in line with the statement of work.
- Work with PM and LA to establish and meet client reporting requirements.
- Apply RADAR and EPIIIC frameworks to course and content design and development.
- Create a blueprint for a course, including formulating and scaffolding high-level outcomes, course structure, delivery design, and term prep.
- Demonstrate awareness of Noodle’s tech stack, including when they should, and should not, be used.
- Effectively balance the time pressures of multiple projects (2 to 3 projects) simultaneously.
- Establish and maintain a positive and productive working relationship with one or more Faculty or SMEs (e.g., confidently make design/content suggestions to support a quality learning experience while also meeting time limitations and other expectations of faculty or SME.)
- Communicate with the Project Manager and LA to provide regular updates, including issues affecting time and scope where these cannot be resolved directly by the Learning Designer.
- As a Lead LD, manage the work, mentor, and own the quality standards for a team of JLDs and LDs on a project.
- Where the Learning Designer is the Lead on a project, act as final quality control (QC) point for all assets.
Required Education / Experience / Skills:
- Postgraduate qualification.
- 2-5 years’ relevant experience in Education or Learning/Instructional Design.
- Experience with one or more authoring tools (e.g. Articulate Rise or Storyline) and LMSs (e.g. Canvas).
- Computer literacy, including competence in using Microsoft Office.
- Masters degree in Education (preferred)
- Experience leading project or functional teams.
- Experience within the Higher Education space.
Benefits and Perks:
- The position will be located in South Africa and travel is expected periodically for company/team events.
- Remote working, flexible hours.
- Mac or PC? You decide.
- Medical Aid or RA Opt-in benefit.
- Internet and Gym opt-in benefit.
- 20 days paid annual leave.
- Yearly education stipend for lifelong learning.
At Noodle, we hire people who will help us change the future of online education. Even if you don't think you check off every bullet point on this list, we still encourage you to apply! We value both current experience and future potential.
Noodle is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone. We value and celebrate our differences because those differences are what make our team shine. We hire great people from different backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger as a whole. Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Noodle is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.