Senior Data Scientist
Posted on Saturday, January 6, 2024
Noodle is higher education’s leading strategy, services, and technology partner. We develop infrastructure, provide life-changing learning experiences, and grow the awareness of and the enrollment in some of the best academic institutions in the world. Our vision is “to empower universities to change the world.” We achieve this vision by offering our university partners various products and services that help them be more resilient, responsive, efficient, and interconnected.
Noodle needs a Senior Data Scientist to oversee our data infrastructure and drive each part of the company–including marketing, enrollment, student outcomes, faculty satisfaction, and program health–to a smart use of continual testing and benchmarking.
As our Senior Data Scientist, you will:
- Noodle has a fully integrated testing mindset, complete with data systems to capture, store, analyze, and report data that drives our performance; we’re systematically capturing and using results to assess questions such as: why admitted applicants didn’t enroll; assessing prospects and applicants perception of the university as a result of their experience; tracking likelihood of webinar attendees or tuition calculator users enrolling; etc.
- Testing calendar is mapped out for each term, including the hypotheses, we’re testing and that the company is ready to disseminate the findings, and that our partner universities will work with us to use what we learn.
- KPIs and OKRs are tracked and easily accessed (click of a finger);
- Data collaborates well with each product line and serve as a thought partner re: data capture and reporting needs; help translate high-level product requirements into technical requirements
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- There is a smart QA process in place to ensure our data is accurate. This includes work with the Core team to ensure we monitor data flow from our schools;
- Ideates on all data reporting- starting first in tableau and then moving to our university reporting systems
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience working with and creating modern data architecture within AWS.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Experience with causal inference and/or econometric methods.
- Experience with Tableau, Looker, Shiny, Dash or other visualization platforms.
- Knowledge and experience with Python for data science using common data science tools and libraries(Pandas, PyTorch, Seaborn, etc).
- Experience with automating analyses using SQL.
- Experience working with cloud based data warehouse solutions.
- Digital marketing analytics tools including Google 360, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and Adobe Marketing Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Working knowledge of Google Workspace (Docs, Slides, Sheets).
- Ability to work effectively in dynamic, rapidly changing, team-based environment.
- The position will be located in South Africa and travel is expected periodically for company/team events.
- This is a full-time position.
- Remote working (within South Africa).
- Yearly education allowance for lifelong learning.
- Internet Allowance.
- Gym Allowance.
- Contribution to Medical Aid or Retirement Annuity.
- Growth - we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees can be themselves and grow within and around the company.
At Noodle, we hire people who will help us change the future of online education. Even if you don't think you check off every bullet point on this list, we still encourage you to apply! We value both current experience and future potential.
Noodle is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone. We value and celebrate our differences because those differences are what make our team shine. We hire great people from different backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger as a whole. Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Noodle is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.