Director, Marketing Strategic Planning
Marketing & Communications
United States · Remote
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Noodle is higher education’s leading strategy, services, and technology partner. We develop infrastructure, provide life-changing learning experiences, and grow the awareness of and the enrollment in some of the best academic institutions in the world. Our vision is “to empower universities to change the world.” We achieve this vision by offering our university partners various products and services that help them be more resilient, responsive, efficient, and interconnected.
The Director of Marketing Strategic Planning is responsible for translating our higher education partners’ consulting and partnership agreements into thoughtful, strategic, and scalable holistic marketing plans that support both short-term and long-term consultation and institutional recruitment goals.
As the Director of Marketing Strategic Planning, you will work collaboratively with the Demand Generation Strategy and Engagement Strategy teams, as well as other relevant departments (e.g. account management, project management, sales, product marketing), to ensure that planned initiatives are aligned with broader strategic and organizational goals and are executed effectively.
This role’s primary function is to lead and oversee an annual strategic planning process to deliver thoughtful, clear marketing and enrollment plans to our higher education partners.
As our Director, Marketing Strategic Planning, you will:
- Lead an annual planning process that converts SOWs and strategic priorities into annual plans, collaborating with the account services team to ensure that plans satisfy scopes, and with the project management office to ensure that deliverables are calendared according to team capacity
- Work seamlessly with the Strategy team to align planned initiatives with demand generation and engagement strategy priorities, and with marketing service teams, toward the ultimate goal of facilitating effective strategy briefing and effective execution of project work
- Direct iterations on annual planning process and tools by driving proactive feedback loops and keeping a pulse on evolving industry best practices
- Collaborate in the development of playbooks, best practices and template libraries for marketing plans as well as a rubric to measure the quality of the deliverables that our marketing team creates
- Act as a thought partner to our Strategy team, leveraging deep knowledge of full-funnel marketing and enrollment strategies and tactics, a strong understanding of our service packages and deliverables, and a keen interest in ever-changing industry best practices and trends
- Work closely with project managers to ensure that work is balanced across resources and that dependencies are documented and accounted for in project plans
- 6-8 years of relevant previous experience Education experience and planning or project management experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication or corresponding field
- Understanding of higher-ed recruitment and marketing tools and admission best practices
- Strong presentation and communication skills; a bias toward documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to gather feedback from non-technical users
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to function well in a self-directed, team-oriented environment
- Experience using project management tools such as Monday.com, Workfront, Asana, Jira, or similar
- Ability to work effectively in dynamic, rapidly changing, team-based environment
- Working with a small and mighty team performing work for non-profit and/or education organizations is a huge bonus
- Work from the comfort of your home office!
- Great compensation package!
- 401K + match, bonus potential, and equity opportunities
- Tools you need on us! Mac is our computer of choice
- Our insurance plan offers medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability coverage, plus supplementals for all employees and dependents
- Paid Parental Leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 3 weeks paid vacation + 10 paid holidays + paid sick leave
- Monthly gym stipend and Membership to premium medical services like Eden Health
- Monthly mobile connectivity stipend
- Access to mental health services like Ginger and Talkspace
- Annual education stipend for lifelong learning
- Growth - we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees can be themselves and grow within and around the company
At Noodle, we hire people who will help us change the future of online education. Even if you don't think you check off every bullet point on this list, we still encourage you to apply! We value both current experience and future potential.
Noodle is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone. We value and celebrate our differences because those differences are what make our team shine. We hire great people from different backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger as a whole. Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Noodle is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.