Business Development Director
Who We Are: Founded in 2015, Mursion is an online simulation studio that allows teams to practice conversations in order to perfect communications and improve effectiveness. Musion’s proprietary technology combines the non-judgmental aspects of an avatar with authentic human mannerisms and responses. Our simulations are used globally by professionals across industries to practice complex interpersonal skills in an environment that is both safe and authentic. Mursion promotes a unique culture where individuals are able to be adventurous in the pursuit of improving human interactions. Ideal candidates at Mursion are team-players, comfortable working across remote teams and distributed environments, and invested in the idea that, through practice, teams can learn to be more effective and empathic communicators.
Who We Want: We seek talented people from diverse backgrounds and experiences, who are inspired by our mission to leverage technology to improve communication and effectiveness in the workplace, and who are motivated to help Mursion lead a new solution category for improving business communication through simulation-based practice. We value empathy, curiosity, and constant improvement both in our internal operations and when working with partners and clients. Our employees are most successful when they employ strong collaboration skills, skilled communications, a problem-solving orientation, and demonstrate comfort in an evolving and fast-paced startup environment.
Position Overview: Mursion is at the forefront of creating the latest EdTech category and we are seeking a Business Development Director (BDD) to join our growing sales team. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated and skilled at selling to enterprise accounts. A successful candidate will have a proven track record of success that thrives in a fast-paced, self-starter environment. BDD works in collaboration with cross-functional teams composed of marketing, client experience, and products to build a book of enterprise level business. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience of taking a large enterprise account from generating interest, qualifying and through to closed won.
This is an FT, salaried, and fully remote position reporting to the Sr. VP of Sales and Marketing. The compensation package is $125K to $200K base salary, + commissions and benefits based on applied experience, geographic location, and other factors identified by the hiring committee.
- Open to new opportunities which includes prospecting and responding to leads.
- Present/demo the Mursion platform to decision-makers and influencers.
- Develop and execute an account sales plan.
- Reach the assigned annual quota including quarterly milestones.
- Manage the customer’s purchasing and contracting process
- Document sales activity and pipeline status in the CRM system
- Build a sales pipeline
- Provide accurate forecasts.
- Report on marketing conditions and customer feedback to executive staff
- Professional Sales Executive calling on large (Fortune 1000) Enterprise Accounts
- 8 to 15 years of Sales experience
- Experience with the Challenger Sales Methodology
- Background in Digital Learning required.
- Experience in Business Transformation/Organizational Management a plus
- MBA or MS in Organization Leadership/Organizational Development a plus
- Domain experience selling similar or related solutions.
- List of contacts at enterprise accounts is expected.
- Documented record of selling large and strategic programs is required.
- Highly motivated professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with technology (GoogleSuite, CRM, Social Media, etc.)
- Highly organized and demonstrates a growth mindset
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth sales environment.
- Team-player and collaborator
- Adapts to New Situations
- Builds an Inclusive Culture
- Delivers High Impact Work
- Demonstrates a Growth Mindset
- Sales Closer
- Delivers on Forecast
We understand that not everyone will demonstrate proficiency in all of the areas listed under the responsibilities and qualifications. At Mursion, we strive to raise the bar! We encourage women and historically marginalized communities to apply if you feel your skills and life experiences are transferable to some of the qualifications in the job description.
We cultivate empathy
Empathy is at the core of all we do. We make time to communicate and listen before we take action. We make decisions based on reasoned analysis and authentic care for the aspirations of our partners and colleagues.
We lead with curiosity to create lightbulb moments
Our team is strengthened by having the courage to thoughtfully ask difficult questions. We are results-oriented innovators who create dynamic solutions to complex problems by encouraging transparency, creativity, and iteration. We are energized by thought-provoking conversations and the diverse perspectives of our partners and peers.
We strive to raise the bar
We see ourselves as trailblazers in simulation. Our learning theory is grounded in research and we demand empirical evidence before concluding our efforts have been successful. We always look for ways to improve. We recognize we live in an imperfect world and we embrace our responsibility to promote shared understanding and elevate humankind.
We have the courage to be human
We are a fun-loving, driven team of developers, artists, entrepreneurs, operational masterminds, and technologists dedicated to the proposition that learning experiences can be powerful and playful. We recognize that we are more than a business; we are a community of unique individuals with a collective focus to improve human interactions through practice. It is through our humanity that we create better products and learning experiences for our partners.
Compensation and perks: Salary commensurate with experience. For full-time employees, Mursion offers competitive benefits, which include full medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401k program, paid holidays, and unlimited PTO.
Collaborate with a unique blend of employees ranging from 3D artists, software developers, operations, sales, and finance teams to actors who deliver interactive, highly immersive simulations.
Be at the forefront of reinventing learning for the future workforce.
How to Apply: Qualified candidates should submit a resume. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so interested parties are encouraged to submit as soon as possible.
Mursion is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from People of Color, Women, Persons with Disabilities, and the LGBTQIA+ community.
We are not accepting agency submissions at this time. Please don't send unsolicited candidate resumes to Mursion employees. They will not be accepted.