Strategic Partnerships Manager
We are currently looking for a dynamic and results-driven Sales Executive to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in sales, with the ability to take clients through the entire lifecycle from onboarding to renewals. As a Sales Executive, you will be responsible for identifying and pursuing new business opportunities, building and maintaining strong client relationships, and ensuring a seamless experience for clients from the initial engagement to renewal. As you come to understand their priorities, budgets, needs and pains, you will become a trusted partner, providing guidance and recommendations based on our domain expertise and your understanding of Motimatic’s solution set. We have learned from our clients that working with Motimatic quickly becomes a critical component in achieving their institutional goals. Strong communication and negotiation skills, a customer-centric approach, and a deep understanding of the sales process are essential for success in this role. You'll play a key hands-on role in building and expanding our client portfolio. As part of a high-energy startup you will have the opportunity to contribute your expertise and grow professionally.
Motimatic helps students make better decisions as they navigate their learning journey. Our fully managed solution helps higher ed leaders shift student mindsets and drive improved outcomes. Our pay-for-results approach ensures that higher ed leaders can quickly and effectively deploy a proven enrollment solution without risk, software integration, or extra burden on their team.
We combine best-in-class motivation science and digital marketing to meet students where they are—and offer them the support they need. As a result, 250+ colleges and universities are unlocking improved student engagement, enrollment, and persistence.
What you’ll do:
- Close college and university enterprise clients
- Own a significant quarterly revenue target
- Develop and maintain amazing relationships with your prospects and clients. Foster a desire to help leads and their stakeholders in every interaction throughout the entire sales cycle to ensure an excellent and positive experience with Motimatic.
- Building a deep understanding of clients’ goals, opportunities, priorities, and budgets in order to be a strategic partner who makes trusted recommendations.
- Negotiate complex deals that require navigating state and institutional budgeting.
- Work consistently and creatively to identify unfulfilled client needs, and to develop and sell products and services to meet those needs.
- Quickly become an expert in Motimatic’s IP and product capabilities.
- Work closely with your manager to identify areas of opportunity for your clients and to guide the evolution of the role to continually support Motimatic’s ambitious growth goals.
What we need:
(Please do not apply if you do not meet the first 3 requirements)
- You’re an exceptional sales executive who has consistently beat plan in growth markets. Help us identify you by sharing your results. Ideally, you would have also contributed to an early-stage sales team.
- 1-3 years with an early stage/growth stage start-up, with the ability to speak to how you work within a fast-paced and changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and secure account closings and budget expansions; including your specific role in those closings and expansions
- Successful experience in client management and/or client success, or significant domain experience
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and work effectively in proprietary web-based technologies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; a track record of successful engagement of both internal and external stakeholders
- A passion for our mission and desire for a career that improves lives
- Highly motivated self-starter with a desire to grow and learn
- At least 5 years in a SaaS environment, Adtech, or Managed Service sales role
- Bachelor’s degree
- Track record selling into higher education; Strong grasp of the inner workings of colleges and universities, particularly decision-making around vendor engagements and procurement
- Strong understanding of SaaS product development process, ability to inform product roadmap based on client needs and growth opportunities
- Experience managing opportunities in Salesforce
Who You Are
You are curious, smart, and love a challenge. You're looking for a unique opportunity to play a key role at a startup during a critical growth stage. You are nimble and adaptable to shifting gears on a moment's notice. Sound like you? We’d like to hear from you!
- 100% Health care, Vision and Dental coverage (PPO&HMO plans for employee and dependents)
- HSA, FSA, basic life insurance, and disability insurance
- 401K plan
- Flexible PTO policy
- Family Leave policy (12 weeks)
- Remote/Hybrid working environment
- Office lunch and commuting perks
Motimatic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristics protected by law.