Senior Director, Client Engagement
Motimatic is re-purposing the digital advertising ecosystem to positively impact people’s lives. We are higher ed’s leading motivation science company focused on helping more students enroll, persist, and graduate. We're building cutting edge platforms with AI and modern technologies to deploy the best of behavioral science, machine learning, and digital marketing so that more students successfully navigate critical moments throughout their educational journey. We've grown 10x in the last 2 years and are in hyper-growth mode.
As the Senior Director of Client Engagement, you will own the overall success of all client engagements. You will lead the client engagement team, responsible for the end-to-end delivery of Motimatic's fully managed solution, ensuring that we provide consistent, measurable, and strong RoI for all our clients. In this role, you will collaborate closely with peers in Sales, Client Success, Marketing, Product, and Operations to develop strategic cross-functional initiatives that support expansion of current client partnerships and identify new business opportunities. You will also be responsible for managing, mentoring, and growing the Client Engagement team.
The ideal candidate is someone who is highly entrepreneurial, enjoys coming up with new ideas, is energetic and strong in execution, is an excellent communicator, and who is excited by the prospect of working constantly to improve performance.
What You'll Do
- Oversee deployment of Motimatic’s IP, approach, and resources to maximize outcomes for clients and their students - quickly becoming an expert in our platform & product capabilities.
- Lead the strategy and efforts to scale, automate, and create efficiencies throughout the Client Engagement organization, including driving cross-functional collaboration.
- Lead a distributed team of Sr. Engagement Managers and Engagement Managers - overseeing their ongoing work and overall professional career development.
- Quickly and effectively clear roadblocks that may pop up within the Client Engagement team, ensuring they can meet or exceed client expectations.
- Support the development of comprehensive proactive risk identification/mitigation strategies to ensure the engagement goals are successfully executed within agreed budgets and timelines.
- Recruit additional team members to support organizational growth as needed.
- Contribute leadership in change management as the company grows. Provide thought leadership in developing new, innovative practices and solutions.
- Ability to think strategically about the content experience we deploy to achieve impact, propose new approaches, and maintain alignment with target impacts.
- Ability to understand, discuss, and strategically respond to trends, and patterns in client data.
- Ability to grasp the key drivers of the business, be comfortable with multi-tasking, and prioritize tasks in alignment with overall business drivers and objectives.
- Ability to provide client services mentorship and leadership to a growing staff.
- Preferred: Strong grasp of best practices in online performance marketing and the digital advertising ecosystem
- 10+ years of experience in client management and/or client success, with exceptional ability to build positive rapport with clients. Client-facing experience in an Operations roles a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, particularly in a start-up environment where change, learning and growth are constant.
- Strong management and team development skills. Experience and comfort with matrix management is a must.
- Strong strategic business acumen.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Logical, organized, and ruthless at prioritizing.
- Track record of successful engagement of both internal and external stakeholders.
- A passion for our mission and desire for a career that improves lives through higher education.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a desire to grow and learn.
- Willingness and ability to be present in the Oakland, CA office location for 1-2 days every week, or as needed.
- 100% Health care, Vision and Dental coverage (PPO&HMO plans for employee and dependents)
- HSA, FSA, basic life insurance, and disability insurance
- 401K plan
- Flexible PTO policy
- Family Leave policy (12 weeks)
- Remote/Hybrid working environment
- Office lunch and commuting perks
Motimatic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristics protected by law.