Strategic Account Executive
Motimatic is re-purposing the digital advertising ecosystem to positively impact people’s lives. We are higher ed’s leading motivation science company focused on helping more students enroll, persist, and graduate. We're building cutting edge technologies to deploy the best of behavioral science, machine learning, and digital marketing so that more students successfully navigate critical moments throughout their educational journey. We've grown 10x in the last 2 years and are in hyper-growth mode.
Motimatic is re-purposing the digital marketing ecosystem to positively impact people’s lives. We are higher ed’s leading motivation science company focused on helping more students enroll, persist, and graduate. We're building cutting edge technologies to deploy the best of behavioral science, machine learning, and digital marketing so that more students successfully navigate critical moments throughout their educational journey. We've grown 10x in the last 2 years and are in hyper-growth mode.
We are seeking an experienced, passionate Sales individual to join our team as a Strategic Account Executive, reporting to the VP of Strategic Partnerships. You'll play a key hands-on role in expanding our client portfolio. As part of a high-energy startup you will have the opportunity to contribute your expertise and grow professionally. This role will oversee the Southeast territory. Please only apply if you are located in the central or eastern time zone.
What you’ll do:
- Close college and university enterprise clients
- Develop and maintain amazing relationships with your prospects and clients. Foster a desire to help leads and their stakeholders in every interaction throughout the entire sales cycle to ensure an excellent and positive experience with Motimatic.
- Build a deep understanding of the prospects, priorities and budgets in order to be able to make appropriate recommendations.
- Negotiate complex deals that require navigating state and institutional budgeting.
- Own a significant quarterly revenue target
- Understand macro-trends at the federal, regional and national level that impact your prospect-institutions and use that understanding to prioritize your efforts and maximize outcomes for the schools and for Motimatic
- Strategic territory mapping + strategic outreach + research and strategically respond to trends in the market.
- Quickly become an expert in Motimatic’s IP and product capabilities.
What we need:
(Please do not apply if you do not meet the first 3 requirements)
- You’re a rainmaker who has consistently beat plan in growth markets. Help us identify you by sharing your results. Ideally, you would have also contributed to an early-stage sales team.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and secure enterprise account closings in the Public Sector with budgets >$100,000.
- At least 5 years in a SaaS environment, Adtech, or Managed Service sales role
- 1-2 years experience working at an early or growth stage start-up, with the ability to speak to how you thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and work effectively in proprietary web-based technologies
- Excellent project management and team collaboration skills
- A passion for our mission and desire for a career that improves lives
- Highly motivated self-starter with a desire to grow and learn
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong grasp of the inner workings of colleges and universities, particularly decision-making around vendor engagements and procurement
- Strong understanding of SaaS product development process, ability to inform product roadmap based on client needs and growth opportunities
- Experience managing opportunities in Salesforce
Who You Are
You are curious, smart, and love a challenge. You're looking for a unique opportunity to play a key role at a startup during a critical growth stage and don’t shy away from shifting gears on a moment's notice, then we would like to hear from you!
- 100% Health care, Vision and Dental coverage (PPO&HMO plans for employee and dependents)
- HSA, FSA, basic life insurance, and disability insurance
- 401K plan
- Home Office Reimbursement of $600
- Flexible PTO policy
- Family Leave policy (12 weeks)
- Remote/Hybrid working environment
- In office lunch provided
- Commute to office is reimbursable
Motimatic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristics protected by law.