Lead Software Engineer - Python
Datapeople makes the hiring process more fair, equitable, and simple for everyone involved. We provide editing tools and hiring analytics to companies large and small; at the heart of our mission is our love for all candidates and empathy for the challenges they face when trying to get a job.
We're a small remote-first team with workers across the US and in Canada, Ukraine, and Argentina and currently seeking increased international expansion. This is initially a contract role, with the potential for full-time conversion.
We are looking for experienced Python / Back-end Software Engineers to build data products that help recruiting teams understand and improve their hiring pipelines and processes. You'll work within a small backend team building scalable data pipelines; as we grow our analytics engine, we will include more third-party sources as well as more machine learning and data science APIs to improve our customers' understanding of their entire hiring process. You'll report to our VP, Engineering and collaborate with your fellow engineers and our Product team.
- Build scalable data pipelines that integrate multiple data sources (both internal and external APIs)
- Write data extraction and transformation processes with monitoring
- Develop internal tools that will be used by the data and engineering teams
- Develop and maintain cloud infrastructure in partnership with senior engineers
- Create code that is maintainable, testable, and observable
- Maintain and advocate for development standards
- 7+ years of experience building large-scale software applications with Python
- Previous experience with MVC architecture
- Experience with SQL and common relational database systems
- Experience with debugging and data flow optimization skills
- Experience working in AWS or other cloud environment
- Familiarity with Docker or other containerized deployment methods
How We Hire Internationally:
Datapeople is excited to add to our roster of international talent! In addition to core job requirements, we ask that you:
- Have a high level of proficiency in English
- Have reliable home internet
- Can work a schedule that generally overlaps with a typical US East Coast work day (9am - 5pm GMT-5)
- Select your country of residence from the dropdown menu. We are open to talent globally, provided you hold valid work authorization in that country (and will not need company sponsorship to maintain it).
For international roles, Datapeople partners with local Employer of Record (EOR) entities to manage consulting pay (and salary/benefits for full-time conversions). Benefits are country-specific but generally include medical, vision, and dental insurance, mental health support, and more.
Actual compensation is determined by many factors including candidate experience and skills; location/market; and business needs.
We care deeply about fairness (it's our mission) so you can be ensured that your application will never be judged based on your religious belief, age, color, race, creed, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, political affiliation, ethnic origin, family status or disability. #LI-Remote