Head of B2B Customer Success
We are a 5-year old mission-driven SaaS startup committed to empowering frontline employees in a variety of divisions in retail and commercial banking, insurance, telecom, and other sectors to meaningfully advance their careers. Our innovative platform provides personalized career pathing, tailored 1:1 coaching, and robust skill-building resources. Our goal is to unlock opportunities for frontline workers in contact centers, bank branches, fraud, claims, credit card servicing, customer service, and shared services divisions.
We are seeking a dynamic Head of B2B Customer Success to run our B2B customer success team. This role is pivotal to the continued growth and success of the company. This role demands an ambidextrous operator / strategic thinker with excellent relationship-building skills, a strong understanding of SaaS customer success, an exceptional customer retention rate, and a passion for our mission.
This is a full-time exempt (hybrid) position based out of our HQ in New York, NY and reports to the Chief Revenue Officer.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive customer success strategy that aligns with our mission and business objectives.
- Serve as key person accountable for ensuring customer needs are met as they arise by leading & mobilizing internal teams & resources accordingly
- Leverage data to monitor customer health and satisfaction, using these insights to inform strategy and decision-making.
- Own and manage all contract renewals, creating strategies to ensure high renewal rates and customer satisfaction.
- Identify opportunities for business expansion within our existing client base, and develop strategies to capitalize on these opportunities.
- Lead, coach, and develop a team of customer success managers, setting clear objectives and ensuring team performance meets or exceeds expectations.
- Build strong relationships with key customer stakeholders, becoming a trusted advisor and ensuring they realize the full value of our platform.
- Collaborate with the product, delivery & sales teams to align on customer needs, feedback, and potential improvements.
- Be obsessed with the customer, reinforcing a customer-centric culture and ensuring that customer feedback and needs are at the forefront of our strategic decisions.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in [relevant roles] at growth stage startups & at least 4 years in a leadership role in a SaaS company. Prior experience building and running a customer success operation preferable but not required.
- Proven ability to anticipate customer needs and operational issues before they arise
- Ability to translate these needs into action by swiftly galvanizing the right internal teams & resources, anticipating upstream & downstream implications, and following through to fully problem-solving issues to resolution.
- GSD mentality: Scrappy problem solver, demonstrating bias-to-action and ability to operate at high speed in a fast paced startup environment; player coach mentality of enjoying combination of thinking high level & digging in with individual contributions
- Strong data analytics & data visualization skill set to inform strategy and communicate effectively and persuasively back to the customer.
- Ability to establish respect and rapport with customer as a strategic thought partner in our work together
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with a proven track record of building strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Strong leadership skills, with experience building & managing high-performing teams.
- Passion for our mission of helping frontline employees advance in their careers.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and commission structure
- Transparent and social culture, challenging work, fast learning cycles, practical training, and meaningful feedback
- Strong sense of ownership and strategic work that impacts our product, users, colleagues, business, and world
- Comprehensive benefits package
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage for you and 50% for your partner/spouse and dependents
- Health, commuter, and parking flexible spending accounts
- Employee Assistance Program (mental health, financial health, legal support, and more)
- Free access to wellbeing apps like Ginger and Headspace
- Flexible paid time off and paid holidays
- Generous paid parental leave
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Annual professional development budget
- Company-provided laptop
- Remote-first culture
- Life insurance (100% company paid)
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Our company values diversity and believes diverse teams make innovation possible. We work on complex, difficult problems with no linear or clear solutions. We need a diverse team that can bring different perspectives and approaches, and whose experiences reflect the full set of stakeholders we seek to serve. As such, Pathstream is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified applicants from any race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or other characteristics to apply.