HR / People Manager
Nexford is a tech-enabled startup university providing innovative high-quality yet affordable education to learners across the world.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing, impact-driven startup with a global team! We are looking for a passionate People Manager to help build a world-class organization on a mission to equip talent across the world with the skills they need to move ahead in their careers.
Nexford University is looking for a HR Manager who will lead and implement the functions of HR including sourcing and recruitment, benefits, performance management, talent development and employee relations.
As HRM you will manage the entire HR function while thinking creatively to bring an innovative approach to how we think of HR.
We are not looking for an HR Manager to focus predominantly on policies and procedures, rather someone who can help us attract, retain, and nurture the right talent through continuous improvement, creativity, and innovation. Nexford is a place where all ideas will be considered, decisions can be taken rapidly and there is no existing legacy or bureaucracy to hold you back.
- Design and manage employee onboarding materials and processes to setup employees for success from day one
- Build robust platforms using tech platforms & creative approaches to attract top talent globally
- Identify tools and assessments to help increase the efficiency of candidate screening processes
- Counseling managers on candidate selection
- Prepare and review employee contracts
- Manage company’s stock option and employee benefits programs
- Ensure legal compliance in the US, UK and worldwide
- Manage relationship with outsourced payroll/tax/pension vendors
- Review and enhance the company’s performance management system
The ideal candidate:
- Has a Bachelor's/College Degree in Human Resources, or related field
- 10 years of progressively responsible experience in human resource management
- Prior experience with online startups is essential
- Excellent English communications skills (both oral and written) with the ability to communicate with all levels within the organization
- Tech-savvy and is able to adapt to new software easily
- Experience working in a fast-moving, high-volume working environment
- Demonstrated multitasking capability with a proven track record in meeting tight deadlines
- Strong planning, coordination, organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to work independently, is highly driven, and a team player
- Proactive and self-motivated
Compensation and Benefits
- Work at a company with a social mission where you can make a real difference in the world
- 20 days paid time off
- 12 paid days professional development time off, after 3 months of employment
- 50% discounted tuition on all Nexford courses and degrees for you + your family
- A friendly global team
- Contemporary collaboration tools
- An entrepreneurial and highly stimulating environment
- An environment where you will be technically and intellectually challenged
- Majority remote work
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning from Day
This position classification has been defined as exempt and is not subject to the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
About Nexford University
Nexford's vision to become the leading end-to-end education to employment platform preparing and placing talent across the world in both local and remote jobs. We are a fast-growing, next-generation university platform with the potential to dramatically increase access to industry aligned education on a global scale for a fraction of the cost of a traditional university.
Nexford University is based in Washington DC offering a competency-based education 100% online.
Nexford offers the following degrees and certificates: Associate of Applied Science in Business (AAS), Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), MBA, nine undergraduate certificates and three graduate certificates in the field of business and technology. Nexford provides learners with a fully online global education based on mastery of competencies relevant in the workplace. A global team of faculty and advisors support learning and professional success through the innovative use of technology, such as AI and machine learning.
For more information, visit www.nexford.edu
Nexford University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Nexford is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants and treat all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.