Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Motimatic is re-purposing the digital advertising ecosystem to positively impact people’s lives. We are higher ed’s leading motivation science company focused on helping more students enroll, persist, and graduate. We're building cutting edge platforms with AI and modern technologies to deploy the best of behavioral science, machine learning, and digital marketing so that more students successfully navigate critical moments throughout their educational journey. We've grown 10x in the last 2 years and are in hyper-growth mode.
We are seeking an experienced, passionate engineer to join our team as a Software Engineer (Full Stack), reporting to the Chief Technology Officer. You'll play a key hands-on role in developing advances in our platform, expanding our feature set, and tackling important tech challenges to enable growth. You'll be part of a high-energy startup team that's highly collaborative and making a positive impact in the world. Because we're growing fast, you will have opportunities to contribute your expertise and grow professionally.
Who You Are
You are curious, smart, and love a challenge. You're looking for a unique opportunity to play a key role at a startup during a critical growth stage. You are energized by the prospect of expanding our data-rich technology on an ambitious timeline. You are self-motivated and able to switch contexts as business needs change. You are driven to build applications with meaningful and immediate impact. You can thrive in a culture of uninterrupted velocity, collaboration, mutual mentorship, shared responsibility, and open feedback in Engineering
What You’ll Do
- Implement new product features, innovate, and support.
- Design, Code, Unit Test and Maintain the highly scalable AI modern tech Web platform utilizing Cloud and Modern technologies.
- Develop solutions, write scripts, and execute migration projects to improve the quality of the platform, production support, and developer productivity.
- Collaborate with the senior members of the Engineering, Data, Product and Ad Operations teams.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a similar technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience in delivery organizations implementing Web and\or API applications.
- Proven experience with Django, PostgreSQL, ReactJS.
- Good understanding of Cloud Tools & services - AWS.
- Experience with the Agile methodology (Scrum).
- Experience with containerization (Docker) and other developer productivity tools, and services.
- Familiarity with AWS services such as S3, RDS, RedShift, EC2, Transfer Family, Lambda, IAM.
- Experience with API integration and AdTech-platforms such as Facebook, Google, Twitter, SnapChat, Pinterest, TikTok, etc.
- Experience in a high-growth startup environment.
- Experience building AI-based high-volume data platforms.
- 100% Health care, Vision and Dental coverage (PPO&HMO plans for employee and dependents)
- HSA, FSA, basic life insurance, and disability insurance
- 401K plan
- Flexible PTO policy
- Family Leave policy (12 weeks)
- Remote/Hybrid working environment
- Office lunch and commuting perks
Motimatic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristics protected by law.