Lead Software Engineer - Python
Datapeople is working to make the hiring process more fair, equitable, and simple for everyone involved. We provide editing tools and hiring analytics to companies large and small around the world, including Square, Twitch, Discord, and many others. At the heart of our mission is our love for all candidates and empathy for the challenges they face when trying to get a job.
We're a small, diverse remote-first team. We want to have conversations rather than meetings, solutions rather than procedures, and initiative rather than conformity.
We are looking for experienced Python / Back-end Software Engineers to help us develop data products that help recruiting teams understand and improve their hiring pipelines and processes. You'll work on developing a micro-services system to provide research-backed data analytics to customers based on data fetched directly from their applicant tracking systems. You'll work within a small backend team, reporting to our VP of Engineering and collaborating with our Science, Product, and Linguistic teams.
- Migrate applications from monolith to microservices
- Build scalable data pipelines that integrate multiple data sources (both internal and external APIs).
- Write data extraction and transformation processes with monitoring.
- Develop internal tools that will be used by the data and engineering teams.
- Develop and maintain cloud infrastructure in partnership with senior engineers.
- Create code that is maintainable, testable, and observable.
- Maintain and advocate for development standards.
This is a remote job and available to all candidates with work privileges currently residing in the United States.
- 7+ years of experience building large-scale software applications with Python
- Previous experience with MVC architecture
- Experience with SQL and common relational database systems
- Experience with debugging and data flow optimization skills
- Experience working in AWS or other cloud environment
- Familiarity with Docker or other containerized deployment methods
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including company-funded HSAs
- Additional healthcare perks like company-paid life insurance and memberships to One Medical and Kindbody
- Retirement benefits through Slavic401k
- Generous leave policies including PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
- A home office stipend
We come to work every day with the mission of making opportunities more accessible and the recruiting process fairer for candidates. We're a remote-first company with linguists, engineers, and scientists working all across the United States. For candidates residing within the United States, the anticipated salary range for this position is $155,000 - $206,000 and stock options. Actual compensation is determined by many factors including candidate experience and skills; location/market; and business needs.
We care deeply about fairness (it's our mission) so you can be ensured that your application will never be judged based on your religious belief, age, color, race, creed, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, political affiliation, ethnic origin, family status or disability.